viernes, 1 de febrero de 2019

My favourite film

A MONSTER CALLS

A monster calls, is a drama-fantasy film directed by J.A. Bayona. Released in 2016, it rapidly became a blockbuster and I think it is a masterpiece.

The film focuses on the harrowing life of Conor, played by Lewis MacDougall. Conor is a twelve-year-old child who has to deal with his miserable life, as not only does he have to take care of himself, but also of his mother who is suffering from a cancer. To deal with it, every night a monster turns up and tells a story to encourage him to go through all his pain.

Regarding to the technical part, I think the special-effects used are high-tech, in fact nowadays it's difficult to find a film that has poor quality. But the thing I liked most, were the drawings in the stories told by the monster. Here an example:
Resultado de imagen de a monster calls art

I would definitely recommend this film to everyone that is older than fourteen years ols, as I don’t think the subject matter is suitable for young children. I would also emphatise the fact that the film is incredibly well done with all its special effects, and both a memorable and convincing plot, as even if it has got a bit of fantasy, indeed they are carefully thought-out metaphors.
PITCH:
-Beggining: There's Conor with his sick mother.
-Developement: Every night at the same hour a monster calls and tells him a story.

-End: His mother dies.


EVERY STORY IS THE SAME:

1.-YOU: It beggins with Connor taking care of his sick mum.

2.-NEED: In the subconscious, he wants to revel.

3.-GO: Every night a monster calls and tells a story with a moral.

4.-SEARCH: He wants to know more about the happening.


5.-FIND: Every night he is anxious to know more about the stories.

6.-TAKE: He becomes braver and more confident.

7.-RETURN: The third night is the last one.

8.-CHANGE: Conor's mother die of a cancer.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Third term evaluation

Well, this post will sadly be the last one, goodbye blog... But first I'll evaluate my third term. This term, I feel that I have worked...